To safely integrate drones into airspace shared with manned aviation is a demanding challenge for the industry. Leveraging the new FLARM Atom platform, Atom UAV is a comprehensive, fully-featured FLARM system in a tiny package, providing detect & avoid with more than 50,000 manned aircraft. Atom UAV combines a FLARM radio transceiver, an ADS-B receiver, and a Wi‑Fi transmitter for direct-broadcast Remote ID, compliant with ASTM F3411-19. Atom UAV complies with the relevant FCC and EN/ETSI standards.
Atom UAV is available in two versions: OEM and Standalone. The OEM version does not have an enclosure and can be directly integrated into own designs: M3 mounting holes in a 30.5 mm grid and the board-to-board connector allow for stacking with other modules or on a carrier board. The standalone version has an enclosure and uses the JST-GH connector used by many UAV flight controller platforms. Both versions stream traffic information in either the MAVLink or JSON protocol formats.
Atom UAV implements the ASTM F3411-19 standard for remote ID, based on direct-broadcast Wi‑Fi. An additional Remote ID implementation based on FTD-129 is available.
- Atom System-on-Chip platform
- Full, worldwide FLARM interoperability
- V2X communication payloads
- Cortex-M4F processing core
- Integrated Wi‑Fi and Bluetooth module
- 72-channel u-blox GNSS engine
- Web app for configuration and diagnostics
- 1090 MHz receiver for ADS-B and rebroadcast services (TIS-B/ADS-R)
- Sensor for pressure altitude
- Consolidated, unified traffic stream
- Direct broadcast remote ID, compliant with ASTM F3411-19, EC 2019/945, EC 2020/1058