Nomex® is an aramid polymer with molecular structure particularly stable. The paper Nomex® is obtained from different forms of aramid polymer. Non metallic honeycombs are manufactured from high temperature resistant aramid paper formed into a honeycomb structure and coated with a phenolic resin.
The combination of aramid paper and phenolic resin gives commercial and aero grade of honeycomb in nomex with superior strength, toughness and chemical resistance.The honeycomb cell shapes is normally hexagonal for optimum mechanical properties. It can also be over-expanded to produce a rectangular cell shape and provide improved drapeability for the production of curved parts.
- Outsatanding resistance to corrosive attack by chemicals
- High mechanical strength at low densities
- Fire retardant and self extinguishing
- Excellent resistance to impact damage and moisture
- Low smoke and toxic gas emission
- Highly resistant to fungal growth
- Good dielectric properties, transparent radio and radar waves
- Low thermal conductivity
Nomex is used in aerospace market (helicopters blades. Interior panels, flooring, flaps, engine nacelles) and into industrial markets (marine and all transportation, interior panels, flooring, racing boats shell, radar reflectors, precisional optical sysytem, automotive part).
The standard dimensions are mm1250x2500. We can also make different sizes on request. General tolerances -50 / + 100mm
Thickness chosen by the customer: minimum 1.5 mm up to 500 mm depending on the type of cell.
Tolerance Thickness : standard +/- 0.12 mm (+/- 0.05mm with extracost)