The ACIS Solution For Text & Symbol Inspection
ACIS combines the best of machine vision (text inspection and area measurement) and spectrometers (accurate color measurement) in a single tool. Leveraging the visual acuity and context of imaging colorimetry, ACIS provides an integrated solution that helps manufacturers improve quality while increasing efficiency. ACIS performs accurate quality inspection and measurement of text, symbols, and markings—simultaneously using a single camera image.
Small Surface Area Color Inspection
Colorimetric imaging provides precise color measurement of small areas or small parts prior to assembly. Manufacturers can determine if color specifications are met to comply with regulatory requirements and conform to brand standards. The ACIS solution measures chromaticity (e.g., CIE L*a*b*) and contrast of areas too small or difficult to measure with conventional inspection systems.
ACIS Solution Components
- A ProMetric® I Imaging Colorimeter and lens
- Proprietary dome lighting configuration
- Metal frame for easy set up and placement
- ACIS™ Software
ACIS Key Capabilities
- Measure multiple locations simultaneously across an area to inspect color consistency between points with near-spectrometer accuracy
- Inspect small elements thanks to high-resolution, high sensitivity measurement capabilities with pixel resolution ≥ 10 μm
- Take precise, CIE-traceable chromaticity measurements (e.g., XYZ, L*a*b*) of small areas that are difficult to measure with conventional systems