Relief valves are designed to protect sensitive pneumatic and hydraulic systems from over pressurization by relieving the excess pressure in the system. They open (crack) at the desired pressure, and close (reseat) at a lower system pressure. Adjustable and preset cracking pressures, with customizable crack to reseat pressure ranges are available, along with an extensive range of pressure and flow capacities. Optional outlet porting includes captured-vent or vent to atmosphere construction (non-propulsive venting).
Relief valves are used in aircraft cabin and potable water system pressurization systems, canopy seal pressure control, and emergency landing gear systems. Relief valves are often used downstream of pressure regulators to protect the system from a regulator malfunction.
• Low weight, typically < 1 lb.
• Adjustable cracking pressure available
• Ported and manifold mount connections available
• Extensive configurable body and seal material combinations
• Fully customizable for your application