Mobile Control Tower
The ATC Mobile Control Tower is a system designed by Vitrociset to provide ATC services in the absence or unavailability of permanent air traffic control infrastructure.
When permanent facilities are not available due to maintenance or renewal, Vitrociset’s Mobile Control Tower is a solution to the problem that can ensure secure and fast traffic management.
The stems of the cylinders are made of steel with anti-wear treatment, in order to ensure the impregnability of the exposed surface by atmospheric agents, such as mists corrosive action of salt or sand.
The main components of the hydraulic system are:
- four cylinders for stabilization: double effect and comprehensive of block valve;
- two cylinders for the elevation of the central compartment:
- hydraulic foldable tower roof;
- hydraulic masts for the antennas elevation.
• The control cabin hosts internally all the equipment and instrumentation needed to provide the ATC services:
- radio-communication system for short and long distances (VHF, UHF, HF);
- antenna systems;
- Voice Communication Switching System;
- Recording & Playback System;
- Meteo System.
The cabin, made of aluminum, has a load capacity of 3 operators and all the equipment necessary for the planned activities.
Laterally to the cabin there is a large arrangement of 9 glasses which ensure a 360° degree view: windows are positioned with an inclination of 12 degrees to eliminate the solar reflections, plus a film for filtering the solar radiation.