weather radar / for aircraft
IntuVue RDR-7000 Weather Radar System
Game-changing radar for Business Jets and Helicopters
Honeywell’s release of its IntuVue RDR-4000 3D weather radar was a game-changer in the air transport and regional jet segment.
IntuVue RDR-7000 Is Now the Game-changer for Business Jets and Helicopters.
The RDR-7000 – the most technically advanced radar available – provides Weather Detection, Analysis and Avoidance capabilities to the pilots. This information gives them the unprecedented ability to make fully informed tactical decisions on the safest and most comfortable routing possible.
• Automated 3D volumetric scanning up to 60,000 feet and out to 320 nautical miles
• First weather radar to detect turbulence out to 60 nautical miles
• Predicts wind shear out to 10 nautical miles, critical on final approaches
• Detects hail and lightning
• Accurately analyzes and displays weather
• Virtually eliminates pilot interactions needed to manipulate the radar and interpret the data
• Allows pilot to analyze “slices” of weather from 0 to 60,000 feet, in 1,000-foot increments
• Provides the data so the pilot can make the appropriate tactical flight decisions and routing adjustments
Avoidance – Provides time for optimal tactical decision-making
• Enhances safety
• Enhances passenger comfort by helping to avoid turbulence
• Saves time
• Reduces pilot workload
• Minimizes weather-related damage to aircraft