The RIEGL VQX-1 is a compact, rugged, and aerodynmically shaped wing pod ready for user-friendly installation and straightforward application to facilitate various airborne mapping applications.
The pod is designed to carry one RIEGL Laser Scanner (VQ-480II, VQ-580II, VUX-240 or VQ-840-G) as well as up to three high-resolution cameras and an appropriate high-end IMU/GNSS system.
The EASA approval of the pod for Cessna single piston engine aircrafts of types 172, 182 and 206, under a supplemental type certificate is in progress.
- Robust and reliable wing pod
- Uncompromising lightweight construction
- Quick installation and removal (including power cabeling)
- GNSS antenna to be mounted appropriately
- EASA STC for Cessna 172-, 182- and 206- series in progress
- Corridor Mapping
- Archeology and Cultural Heritage Documentation
- Terrain and Canyon Mapping
- Flood Zone Mapping
- Surveying of Urban Environments
- Glacier & Snowfield Mapping
- Construction-Site Monitoring
- Power Line, Railway Track, and Pipeline Inspection
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Emergency Management Planning
- Accident Investigation
- Moist Grassland Mapping