These pits combine the rotating flap and the elevating system to bring all connections above ground at user's level. Once connected, the pits can be closed to avoid unnecessary hurdles around the aircraft.
Their modular design caters for all types of connections:
- 400 Hz, 28 VDC
- 50 Hz/60 Hz one or three phases, from 16 up to 250 A
- Compressed air, fanning air, water
- Others: computer network, earthing cable winder, etc...
The flap opening can be assisted by gas springs, counterweights or an electric actuator.
FLEX-PIT (HATCH AND POP OUT) ENABLES AIRCRAFT TO BE CONNECTED TO THE 400 HZ POWER SUPPLY AND ALL OTHER UTILITIES IN THE MAINTENANCE HANGARS.
The “Pop Out” system simplifies access to cables and sockets by presenting them 50 cm above ground. Once all cables are connected, the Hatch pit can work in closed position. The manhole, behind the hatch, makes any maintenance fast and without effort.
• Pit can work in closed position
• Connectors and sockets presented at hand level
• Hatch frame to be sealed in the concrete and lined frame are independent of each other:
• Simplifies installation (sealing of the frame before assembly on site)
• Simplifies the maintenance (easy extraction of the elements
• Fall prevention ensured by the Pop-Out system in upper position,
• Load resistance: according to EN 124 class F900 (90 T)
EQUIPMENT TO BE FITTED IN THE PIT:
• 400 Hz aircraft cable with aircraft connector
• 28 V DC aircraft cable with aircraft connector
• Aircraft earthing winder
• RJ45 data transfer cables and connectors
• Compressed air