0 - 1000hp turboprop / for light aircraft / for business aircraft
0 - 1000hp
for light aircraft, for business aircraft
Powering light aircraft around the world
The M250 is light in weight and high in power.
The M250 family of highly successful engines for light fixed-wing aircraft offers legendary reliability, culminating in today’s 450shp M250-B17.
Highly reliable and refined
The M250 turboprop has found popularity due to its small size and high power-to-weight ratio, which make it ideal for Original Equipment Manufacture Type Certified designs and for Supplemental Type Certificate conversions of existing piston-engined designs.
These lightweight, high power engines operate on all certified aircraft fuels, a feature favoured by operators who take them into remote regions of the world.
Their legendary reliability, combined with vibration free turbine smoothness, gives an easy ride to both the passengers and the airframe components. Cabin noise levels can often be cut by over 10 dBA, enabling pilots and passengers of M250 turboprop powered aircraft to converse at normal levels, without headsets
- Family of engines of two-shaft modular design.
- Power ratings ranging from 420-450shp.
- Four- to six-stage axial and single-stage centrifugal compressors.
- A two-stage LP turbine.
- Two-stage HP turbine with a hydro-mechanical fuel control system.
- Gearbox with 2,030rpm output.
- Compressed air is routed to the aft end of the engine for combustion, with exhaust gases
exiting upward from the middle of the engine.
- Excellent power-to-weight ratio.
- Extremely compact design.