The compare module indicates design changes between parts and large assemblies of all major CAD formats and assures data integrity is maintained during translations.
An exact mathematical calculation efficiently prevents expensive errors from unintentional edits and conversion errors and avoids time-consuming manual inspection of CAD models. The tool compares:
• Parts and assemblies i.e., B-REP and tessellated models
• Assembly structure for new, missing and moved parts
• PMI dimensional, tolerance and annotation information
• Features, parameters and model history
More key features:
• Batch processing and interactive use
• Clipping and measuring functions
• Multi-view port to display both revisions of the models
• Filter function for changed parts and areas by value
• Detailed log files
In addition, a 3D PDF model including the color scale and mark-up information can be saved and then opened with a standard Acrobat Reader. Click on the picture left to open example (Acrobat required). The software is also certified for Long-Term Data Archival and Retrieval (LOTAR) in the aerospace industry.
Collision detection enables a high-performance and collaborative digital mock-up environment and can be used for assemblies of all major CAD formats such as JT, CATIA, NX, SOLIDWORKS, Creo, PLMXML and many others. For DMU reviews, on very large amounts of data, multiprocessor computing guarantees short calculation times as well as powerful visualization and DMU navigation.