ITT Aerospace Controls’ patented Opto Electronic Actuator (OEA) uses optical, non-contact, position sensing with solid state switching and incorporates an electrically isolated output shaft.
The Opto-electronic switches and a solidstate H-bridge motor drive replace the older electromechanical position sensing and motor drives (relays and micro-switches) used in other typical actuator designs. The Opto Electronic actuator’s Isolated Output Shaft eliminates the possibility of electrical energy being passed through the output shaft and creating a safety hazard.
- Patented Optical Switching
- Patented Output Shaft Electrical Isolation
- 25 in-lb Rated Load
- Endurance Life to 100,000 Cycles and Rated Load
- FAR 25.981 and SFAR88 Compliant
- Low Weight
- Low Power Consumption
- Operates from 18 to 36 VDC Power Sources
- Manual Override Clutch Standard
- Environmentally Sealed
- EMI/RFI Filtering Standard